Having gained a range of experience of computer and networking systems.
I have designed a number of web sites:
- Redesign of the web site for a business consultancy, Julia George Associates, including graphics. This web site is due to go live in the second quarter of 2008. A preview site is avaiable at www.juliageorge.net.
- Design, inclduing graphic images, for the web site www.anti-britart.co.uk. Also contributed to the content of this site.
- Design & development of www.helpteacher.co.uk in 2004. Wrote the content of this site (text & diagrams), originally for teaching IT. More updates to follow soon for this site.
- Design & development of www.ratubagus.co.uk in 2004.
- Analysis of user usage and initial designs for GU, an Internet start-up. This web site is now working as www.gratitudeunlimited.com. Also provided advice on Internet technologies and how to run an IT project.
- Updating of www.stmartinoftours.org.uk, for St Martin of Tours Housing Association, 2003.Changes were made to a number of web pages and some tweeking of the existing design was carried out.
- Review of www.balibeachgarden.com in 2002 for the client who had employed another web site designer and who wanted an independent view of the work.
- Updating of www.jzmachtech.com, for JZ MachTech Ltd in 2001.
- Original design and development of www.dao-hua-qigong.com, for Chinese Heritage Ltd. Maintenance & updating in 1999-2001.
- Design consultation for ChiChannelz web site, now defunct, in 2000.
- Design & development of a web site for Dollymog Records Ltd, now defunct, in 2000. This included graphics and music downloads.
After gaining a City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 in System Analysis & Design in 1996 I have worked with SSADM for procedural systems and UML for Object Oriented systems. I have worked as a a business analyst for a number of companies and on a range of different systems.
The majority of my programming experience is with C and C++ with embedded SQL. I have also used Java and a number of script languages.
I am interested in AI systems and machine intelligence. I have worked on an expert system for insurance underwriting.
It is largely within IT that I have gained expereince of management, working as a Team Leader responsable for programmers, business analysts and a version control manager.
top of page