I have a wide range of teaching experience, both English teaching as a foreign language and science teaching .
Teaching Work Summary
- Teaching English to adults and school children at a range of levels.
- Teaching English for the Cambridge exams.
- Teaching English for Business.
- First year undergraduates, for Physiology as part of an MD, Developmental Biology, Physiotherapy and Cell Biology.
- Students reading for an MSc in Cell Biology. Organised and taught the practicle aspect of the course for two years running.
- Diploma course teaching for Computing, teaching: Networking, Introduction to C++, Introduction to Java, Introduction to Graphics Software, Management Information Systems. Much of the course material can be found at www.helpteacher.co.uk.
- Teaching A level Biology, for three years at provate colleges.
- Teaching GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics for four years at private colleges.
- Teaching general sience at private colleges for four years.
- Taught A levels to private students: Biology, Chemsitry, Computing and ICT.
English As A Foreign Language
Currently I am teaching IELTS and business English. I have experience with experience of a range of students and classes:
- General English, all levels.
- Business English, working inhouse at companis as well as for schools, both with classes and one-to-one students.
- Conversation and social English classes.
- Cambridge exam courses: FCE and CAE.
- IELTS exam courses.
-Current Science Teaching
Currently I teach GCSE and A level sciences in addition to TEFL.
- GCSE: Science, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- A level: Biology, Computing, ICT (also AS Chemistry).
-Previous Physiology & Biology Teaching
- Physiology to first year undergraduates.
- MSc Cell Biology.
Range of Students
I have worked with a wide range of students:
- Adults of all ages.
- Professional business people wanting to improve their Englsih.
- Children for English as a foreign language and science subjects, from age 7 to 18.
- Undergraduate and post graduate students at university.
Current Teaching Work
I teach at France King School of English and Hampstead Fine Arts College. At the former I teach Cambridge and IELTS exam courses and Business English. At the latter I teach GCSE Science, Biology and Physics. I also teach A level Biology to private students.
Attended Newport Grammar School in England, Plymouth University and UCL. At UCL gained a BSc in Physiology and an MPhil in the cellular physiology of the immune system. Later gained two City and Guilds qualifications in programming and systems analysis. Later qualified as an English teacher for speakers of foreign langauges with a cert.TESOL.
Being well qualified as a Physiologist I worked in a research laboratory for over four years, publishing work in the British Journal of Pharmacoloy.
In 2002 I gained my cert. TESOL qualification, for teaching English as a foreign language.
top of page